Saturday, March 7, 2015

Prayer Flags send our wishes, intentions, and joy to the world.


Traditionally, prayer flags are used to promote peace, compassion, strength, and wisdom. The flags do not carry prayers to gods, which is a common misconception; rather, the Tibetans believe the prayers and mantras will be blown by the wind to spread the good will and compassion into all pervading space. Therefore, prayer flags are thought to bring benefit to all. ~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_flag
I recently participated in a prayer flag swap and received so many lovely flags. Too pretty, I kept thinking, to ever hang outside and let the wind and rain take them slowly out into the world. And yet, why must I keep them inside, pretty and inspiring to look at, but gathering dust. I want hold on to these flags, yet the spirit of them is with me no matter what I do with them. And do I really need more stuff?

Of course I created flags to send back with words of love and creation. It was a very restful and fun swap, I fell into quiet introspection as I worked on these flags. Enjoy this series of flags and note the unifying little green beads that scattered their way across the flags. I used cottons, silks, vintage fabrics and anything else I could in the process.


Create

Freedom

Renew v2


Perseverance

Renew v1

Silence


Jump

No comments:

Post a Comment