Those fragments of songs make excellent starts for a journal page. Hand letter the words, decorate around them with drawings or collage, add some color over the top. Or write out all the lyrics (if you know them, if not, try Google) across the page and paint or collage over them, leaving your favorite bit free.
Tips for lettering:
- Cut out words and letters from magazines to spell out your message.
- Write lightly and big in pencil. Draw an outline around the letters with pen and color in.
- Start with a highlighter. Write or draw your letters, outline and add embellishments.
- Write big with a pen then go back and make some strokes darker and thicker.
- Print out your words and tear or cut them out to paste down. Break them up in to individual words and place down one side of your page or flow across the page.
Jennibellie: turorials on making books, lettering and recycling into crafts: http://www.youtube.com/user/jennibellie?feature=watch
Easy lettering techniques: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th_2HvOnoO4
More lettering techniques: http://www.clothpaperscissors.com/blogs/clothpaperscissorstoday/archive/2012/06/25/how-to-make-art-journal-lettering-look-like-art.aspx