What a fun class last night. It was so great to see you all dive in and play. I think we all needed a chance to access that pesky inner child in a creative way.
Keep on Journaling
Things to think about and do:
- Experiment,experiment, experiment! Dig through your drawers and desks and see what you have on hand. Try every pen, pencil, marker and look for fun paper finds.
- Create several back drops. Cover pages with collage, paint, scribbles. Add another layer. Paste down something from your ephemera stash.
- Start gathering that ephemera. You know you want to keep those pieces of paper, envelopes, labels, tickets, etc.
- Use a prompt or key word and write over one of your (completely dry) back drops.
- Fill a page with stream of consciousness writing. There is a reason why therapists have you do this kind of exercise, it loosens up the thought process. Then collage over the top, or tear up and use in a collage.
- Go to the links page at the top of the blog and click on a few links. Treat yourself to a few a day.
- Go to YouTube and search for Art Journal Pages or book binding. Get a cup of coffee or tea first, there is a lot to see.